Telford, Forge Urban Revival at The Wakes

Pale Fire Music along with Forge Urban Revival and Left for Dead Records have formed a music collective to promote original live music in Telford. So on the last Friday of each month we provide a platform for such events, catering for solo and group performances, at The Wakes, Theatre Square, Oakengates, Telford TF2 6EP. This is Telford’s only independent non-commercial music venue. We pay 80% of the ticket revenues direct to the artists with the remaining 20% going to Forge Urban Revival’s community projects.

The Wakes is 100 capacity venue with a 4.7 Kw sound system, modern facilities and easily accessible by road and rail. It is licensed to sell food & drink and is a 3-minute walk from Oakengates Train Station in Telford (Birmingham to Shrewsbury Line) and only 2.5 miles by car from junction 5 on the M54.

To date our programme has featured unsigned and signed artists such as The Black Rapids, The Trail of Thomas Love, Ady Johnson, Ethan Johns, KORNASTONE. For more details of past artists take a look at the posters in the Photo section of this account.

  • Able to support someone with other relevant needs.
  • Accessible toilet available.
  • Assistance dogs welcome.
  • Information available online and/or staff available to advise on further support.
  • Personal assistant ticket available.
  • Queue jump available for people that can't stand for long periods of time.
  • Wheelchair accessible and/or venue all on the floor.